Dubai Fountain info & facts
If you are planning to book a vacation or city trip to Dubai, you are likely to visit the world’s largest building, the Burj Khalifa. Besides the Burj Khalifa you can also find the largest shopping center in the world, the Dubai Mall.
But there is even more! At the bottom of the Burj Khalifa you can admire the largest fountain show in the world, the Dubai Fountain! This immense project was made by Emaar, the largest building developer in the UAE.
How big and high is the Dubai Fountain?
The largest fountain show is located in the artificial Burj Khalifa Lake, a 120,000 square meter lake at the foot of the Burj Khalifa. The fountains have a length of 275 meters and are equipped with hundreds of the largest water jets.
With these jets it is possible to raise 83,000 liters of water at any time! Dubai Fountain has jets that can spray the water 73 meters high, these jets can move in any direction, but that’s not all.
There are also super jets that can launch the water more than 150 meters into the air, you can compare this to the height of a 50-storey building! The largest jets are accompanied by a loud bang.
To properly display these immense fountains during the evening, more than a few lights are of course needed.
With no less than 6,600 lamps, the fountains come fully into their own! This enormous amount of light comes from just below the water surface.
The power of these lamps is so strong that you can see the light output of 30 km!
As an additional detail, there are 25 large colored lamps spread over the entire length of the Dubai Fountain.
Music & songs
No effect without music, but no worries, this is more than okay. The Dubai Fountain has a wide music repertoire!
You can enjoy the local Arabic tunes and classical world music, but also the world famous pop hits that only residents of another planet do not know. Think of Michael Jackson – Thriller, Lionel Ritchie – All Night Long, Enrique Eglesias – Hero to name just a few.
In order to boost romance with your partner, you can wait for Witney Houston – I Will Always Love You. 😍
Dubai Fountain Lake Ride
The Dubai Fountain is a wonderful sight that is completely free to admire and you should definitely not miss when visiting Dubai. But there is even more! You can admire the fountain from the front row with an electric abra boat (traditional boat).
What can you expect from the Lake Ride?
First you have to sign in at the check-in counter, which you can find diagonally across the exit (Food Corner) of The Dubai Mall and against the water of Burj Khalifa Lake.
Then you pass by the photographer where they then take a photo that you can view after the boat trip and possibly purchase.
Once at the boat you board 8 people with maximum, after which the captain leaves with the electric abra. The boat sails along the side of the lake and the numerous restaurants all the way to the back.
Then the boat turns around and the captain puts the boat in the perfect position to view the fountain from the ideal position.
Once the fountain show is done, 3 to 5 minutes, the boat sails slowly back to the departure point.
The total duration of this attraction is around 20 to 25 minutes. We at Dubai Junkies thought this was worth the money to experience. The average price is around $ 20 per person? You can buy tickets safely and online at GetYourGuide or Tiqets, so you are sure of your place. There are around 5 boats that go on every show.
- In our opinion you have the best view when you sit on the left side of the boat.
- With the ticket of the Lake Ride you are free on the new floating platform. More info further in this article.
Lake Ride tickets
Buy your ticket online in advance through one of our partners. This way you are sure of your place and you don’t have to queue up. Dubai Junkies only works with trusted partners that you can be sure of valid tickets!
Dubai Fountain Boardwalk
The closest to the fountain.
Since 2019 you can also admire the Dubai Fountain from a new floating platform. The entrance to the platform is at the foot of the Burj Khalifa. With a ticket from the Lake Ride you get free access to the platform. Shorter than this is not possible at the fountains, the distance is approximately 10 meters.
Because of this short distance you can get quite wet. There are also places on the platform where there are deep puddles, you may have to take your shoes off to continue walking.
Dubai Fountain timings and opening hours
The Dubai Fountain is not a closed attraction and is open all the time. The fountain show itself can be admired 14 times a day. There are 3 shows during the afternoon and 11 during the evening.
Saturday to Thursday
1 pm – 1.30 pm – 2 pm
1.30 pm – 2 pm – 2.30 pm
6 pm – 6.30 pm – 7 pm – 7.30 pm – 8 pm – 8.30 pm – 9 pm – 9.30 pm – 10 pm – 10.30 pm – 11 pm
Show times during ramadan
During the Ramadan there are no shows during the afternoon. The hours in the evening are also different from the rest of the year.
Sunday to Wednesday
7.30 pm – 8 pm – 8.30 pm – 9 pm – 9.30 pm – 10 pm – 10.30 pm – 11 pm
Thursday to Saturday
7.30 pm – 8 pm – 8.30 pm – 9 pm – 9.30 pm – 10 pm – 10.30 pm – 11 pm – 11.30 pm
Best places to view Dubai Fountain
You can admire the Dubai Fountain from different places. In this list we give you the best places where you can view the largest fountain show in the world.
Best places to stand
- Promenade: the largest and busiest place is on the promenade along Burj Khalifa Lake, which can be found between The Dubai Mall and the lake.
- Bridge: this bridge, Soul Al Bahar, is a connection between the Dubai Mall and the traditional Souk Al Bahar shopping center.
- Waterfront: On the side of the Souk Al Bahar you will find numerous restaurants, right in front of these restaurants you can stand close to the waterfront.
- Apple Store: From the large balcony of the Apple Store in The Dubai Mall you have a perfect view of the Dubai Fountain. You are at a higher level, which gives you a greater view of the Dubai Fountain.
- Boardwalk: This is a floating platform that you can find at the foot of the Burj Khalifa. This is also accessible via the Burj Park. Note that this is not free and that you can get quite wet at certain places on the platform.
- Lake Ride: An real experience to admire the Dubai Fountain from the front row. Allow yourself to sail in an electric boat right up to the fountain.
Enjoy the Dubai Fountain during a dinner next to the lake!
Dubai Fountain map
In this map you can view all the important places around the Dubai Fountain.
Souk Al Bahar Bridge
Exit Food Corner
Entrance Lake Ride
Tips & conclusion for Dubai Fountain and Lake Ride
Finally, we want to give some tips and our personal conclusion about the Dubai Fountain.
- Choose a good place at the end of the previous show, so you definitely have a perfect view.
- If you are going to do the Lake Ride don’t forget to pay a visit to the floating platform. You can do this for free if you have a ticket from the Lake Ride.
- Enjoy a nice meal next to the lake and with a view of the Dubai Fountain. The restaurants are not extremely expensive and the atmosphere is excellent.
- The evening shows are the most beautiful because the beautifully lit water jets really come into their own.
Conclusion about the Dubai Fountain
We have admired the Dubai Fountain several times, both from the water with the Lake Ride and in all other places. We can therefore say with certainty that this attraction is definitely worth it! Consider it a perfect end to a day at Dubai Mall or Burj Khalifa.